This is an Update Update!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This is an Update Update!

Post  Alexander on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:35 am

So I haven't been able to be on most of the weekend, so I didn't want people (Richie) to think that I gave up on my mapping excursion. Here is what I've been working on and once I finish the Ice/Fire area, I will start doing the quest for the next gym (which we have discussed). Which will you get? The Snowflake Badge or the Pyro Badge?


This is going to be Kindleheart, the Fire City. Within a volcano, they draw power from the Magma to support the City. The Gymleader's name is Felix.


This is going to be Whitereach, the Ice Town. It is at the base of the volcano, on the exterior. Most of the residents moved to Kindleheart when it was first discovered, but some people still remain out of tradition. There is an entrance to the Volcano here. I plan on using a different building icon, but this was just for show.


This is the path that will lead from another Ice Cave (Not yet mapped). Note all these areas will have (New?) Pokemon.



Thoughts? Hate it? Love it? Let me know!
avatar
Alexander
Game Owner

Posts : 245
Pokedollars : 433
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is an Update Update!

Post  Hero Hunter on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:58 am

I like fire city but ice city is not that much good that i expecting.But anyways good attempt keep it you Alex Cool
avatar
Hero Hunter

Posts : 70
Pokedollars : 114
Join date : 2012-06-03
Age : 17
Location : Pakistan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is an Update Update!

Post  Tunder on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:31 am

I must say Really creative on the fire part the way they use there energy and the ice city that is in the mountain. And i the new fire city looks ALOT better then the old idea.

Has of the pokemon on the ice path id recomand Sneasel,Snorunt And swinub/Piloswine and if there's water in the route i would put spheal in it. Maybe this could lead to a Lapras quest, or make it really rare these are just suggestions.

Anyways i'm really happy to see this And i hope my idea of the pokemon in the ice route helped.



avatar
Tunder

Posts : 138
Pokedollars : 279
Join date : 2010-09-02
Location : You know.... Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is an Update Update!

Post  lionel on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Amazing!!! Nice work Alex ,and if richie helped nice work u too ^^ . I like the ice city better cuz the fire looks too plain.. But the idia of the fire city is genuis. The trees on ice city should have like more ice and they shouldn't look like their cut in half.if u put trees in fire city make them look like automn cuz we dont wanna have the usual trees everywhere. In ice city ill say sneasel,delibird,snorunt and cloyster ( near any watery area there ) and maybe make zangoose spawn there too .
avatar
lionel

Posts : 142
Pokedollars : 234
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is an Update Update!

Post  Based God on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:32 pm

amazing
avatar
Based God

Posts : 19
Pokedollars : 25
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is an Update Update!

Post  Bloggers on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Looking good Alex. Would like to see more in the fire area, Rocks n' stuff, looks abit plain xD Maybe people underground working or something...idk. Maybe stick a couple houses or Tipi's (American Indian Houses xD) with people living in there, like maybe someone who teaches a fire move? But yeah, otherwise Fire bit looks good.

Ice City looks good. Any chance you could add like Layers of snow? So like snow piles xD There isn't a poke mart in the Ice City, so might be good to add one. Tree's could be more snowy, like fatonel said. Looks good otherwise xD

Pokemon for Ice:
- Snorunt
- Seel
- Shellder
- Cloyster
- Sneasal
- Spheal
- Lapras (From a Quest?)
- Dunsprace perhaps?


Anyways, nice work Alex. Looks brilliant xD
avatar
Bloggers

Posts : 256
Pokedollars : 472
Join date : 2011-01-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is an Update Update!

Post  Lazyboyzay on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Tomato soup Razz

I love that there r new cities comeing not feeling the ice cities trees but fire cave looks great the lava maakes me want tomato soup lol! Great job BUT!!!!

I think that snow icy Trees should look more along the line of this Made it myself Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
avatar
Lazyboyzay

Posts : 18
Pokedollars : 29
Join date : 2012-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is an Update Update!

Post  Alexander on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:25 am

Lazyboyzay wrote:Tomato soup Razz
I think that snow icy Trees should look more along the line of this Made it myself Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

lol I like your icon a bit better. Maybe you could send it to me: Alex_Powers@live.ca

Bloggers wrote:Looking good Alex. Would like to see more in the fire area, Rocks n' stuff, looks abit plain xD Maybe people underground working or something...idk. Maybe stick a couple houses or Tipi's (American Indian Houses xD) with people living in there, like maybe someone who teaches a fire move? But yeah, otherwise Fire bit looks good.

Ice City looks good. Any chance you could add like Layers of snow? So like snow piles xD There isn't a poke mart in the Ice City, so might be good to add one. Tree's could be more snowy, like fatonel said. Looks good otherwise xD

Pokemon for Ice:
- Snorunt
- Seel
- Shellder
- Cloyster
- Sneasal
- Spheal
- Lapras (From a Quest?)
- Dunsprace perhaps?


Anyways, nice work Alex. Looks brilliant xD

Thanks. The Fire City isn't finished yet, so I know its very plain. This is just the outline for it. There is going to be a bit more detail, houses of course, and I was thinking of a "Pokemon Mascot", a species of Pokemon that is very common in the city that helps out at the Powerplant. And then of course, you see them just chillin in the town. (Sort of like Azaela Town and the Slowpoke).

Same with the Ice Town. Its very bare minimal now, so I still need to add the actual houses with snow on them. I am looking for a path icon to sort of bring it together.

lol Fatonel? A Lapras Quest sounds good.

lionel wrote:Amazing!!! Nice work Alex ,and if richie helped nice work u too ^^ . I like the ice city better cuz the fire looks too plain.. But the idia of the fire city is genuis. The trees on ice city should have like more ice and they shouldn't look like their cut in half.if u put trees in fire city make them look like automn cuz we dont wanna have the usual trees everywhere. In ice city ill say sneasel,delibird,snorunt and cloyster ( near any watery area there ) and maybe make zangoose spawn there too .

This is actually a snapshot from the Map Editor, so the top of the trees don't render until you play the game.. On top of that, I don't think there is going to be too much plant life in the volcano, due to them being underground. But we'll see.
avatar
Alexander
Game Owner

Posts : 245
Pokedollars : 433
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is an Update Update!

Post  Hero Hunter on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:25 am

Alexander wrote:
Lazyboyzay wrote:Tomato soup Razz
I think that snow icy Trees should look more along the line of this Made it myself Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

lol I like your icon a bit better. Maybe you could send it to me: Alex_Powers@live.ca

Bloggers wrote:Looking good Alex. Would like to see more in the fire area, Rocks n' stuff, looks abit plain xD Maybe people underground working or something...idk. Maybe stick a couple houses or Tipi's (American Indian Houses xD) with people living in there, like maybe someone who teaches a fire move? But yeah, otherwise Fire bit looks good.

Ice City looks good. Any chance you could add like Layers of snow? So like snow piles xD There isn't a poke mart in the Ice City, so might be good to add one. Tree's could be more snowy, like fatonel said. Looks good otherwise xD

Pokemon for Ice:
- Snorunt
- Seel
- Shellder
- Cloyster
- Sneasal
- Spheal
- Lapras (From a Quest?)
- Dunsprace perhaps?


Anyways, nice work Alex. Looks brilliant xD

Thanks. The Fire City isn't finished yet, so I know its very plain. This is just the outline for it. There is going to be a bit more detail, houses of course, and I was thinking of a "Pokemon Mascot", a species of Pokemon that is very common in the city that helps out at the Powerplant. And then of course, you see them just chillin in the town. (Sort of like Azaela Town and the Slowpoke).

Same with the Ice Town. Its very bare minimal now, so I still need to add the actual houses with snow on them. I am looking for a path icon to sort of bring it together.

lol Fatonel? A Lapras Quest sounds good.

lionel wrote:Amazing!!! Nice work Alex ,and if richie helped nice work u too ^^ . I like the ice city better cuz the fire looks too plain.. But the idia of the fire city is genuis. The trees on ice city should have like more ice and they shouldn't look like their cut in half.if u put trees in fire city make them look like automn cuz we dont wanna have the usual trees everywhere. In ice city ill say sneasel,delibird,snorunt and cloyster ( near any watery area there ) and maybe make zangoose spawn there too .

This is actually a snapshot from the Map Editor, so the top of the trees don't render until you play the game.. On top of that, I don't think there is going to be too much plant life in the volcano, due to them being underground. But we'll see.
Alex you should add snowfall turf aswell i maded a icon for it
avatar
Hero Hunter

Posts : 70
Pokedollars : 114
Join date : 2012-06-03
Age : 17
Location : Pakistan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is an Update Update!

Post  Bloggers on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:17 pm

fatonel = lionel if your confused :3
avatar
Bloggers

Posts : 256
Pokedollars : 472
Join date : 2011-01-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is an Update Update!

Post  Alexander on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Bloggers wrote:fatonel = lionel if your confused :3

Ya I got it. I just laughed out loud a little.
avatar
Alexander
Game Owner

Posts : 245
Pokedollars : 433
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is an Update Update!

Post  Hero Hunter on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:18 pm

Alexander wrote:
Bloggers wrote:fatonel = lionel if your confused :3

Ya I got it. I just laughed out loud a little.
Good because laughing is good for health Razz Razz Razz
avatar
Hero Hunter

Posts : 70
Pokedollars : 114
Join date : 2012-06-03
Age : 17
Location : Pakistan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Post  Jak2k9 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:45 am

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
avatar
Jak2k9

Posts : 136
Pokedollars : 229
Join date : 2012-01-24
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is an Update Update!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum